Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Year of Birth: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Studying people/human behaviour, reading, dancing, social justice, volunteer work, travel/exploring different cultures, ancient architecture, art museums, interior decor, gardening (rock gardens), jumping on a trampoline etc.
All-Time Favourite Books:
- A Long Walk to Freedom (Nelson Mandela)
- A Man For All Seasons (Robert Bolt)
- Love (Leo Buscaglia)
- The Seat of the Soul (Gary Zukav)
- Song Of Lawino (Okot P’Bitek)
- You’re Lonely When You’re Dead (James Hadley Chase)
- I’ll Take Manhattan (Judith Krantz)
- Mine Boy (Peter Abrahams)
- Concubine (Elechi Amadi)
- No Longer At Ease (Chinua Achebe)
- Devil on the Cross (Ngugi wa Thiong’o)
- Betrayal in the City (Francis Imbuga)
- The Crucible (Arthur Miller)
- Wuthering Heights (Emily Brontë)
Favourite Music: African, Reggae, Rumba (can dance Amour Cherche Amour all day), Calypso, R&B/Soul, Hip-Hop, Pop, Country, old-time Rock n’Roll.
Favourite City: Barcelona, Spain
Favourtie Colour: Black, Royal Blue
Favourite Causes: Fairness and social justice, protection of the most vulnerable, poverty reduction and the environment.
Spirituality: I’m non-religious and I do not go to church, but I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and is my Lord and Saviour. I just don’t like what “church people” say and do in His name. I might be going to hell, but I am at peace with that.
Academic Education & Training:
- Post Graduate training in Humanistic and Experiential Counseling, (University of Surrey, UK);
- Certificate in Expressive Arts Therapy (University of Surrey, UK);
- Advanced Certificate in Trauma Counseling (Toronto Advanced Professional Education/University of St. Michael at University of Toronto);
- Solution Focused Counseling (Faculty of Social Work, University of Toronto)
- Crisis Management, Long-Term Treatment of Adult Survivors of Childhood Trauma, Treatment for Traumatized Unresolved Adult Issues (Toronto Advanced Professional Education/University of St. Michael at University of Toronto);
- Addictions Studies (Toronto Advanced Professional Education/University of St. Michael at University of Toronto).
- Degree in Psychology and Political Science (Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda);
- Diploma in Mass Communication (School of Mass Communication, Kampala, Uganda)
- Certificate in Journalism (Uganda Management Institute)
- Associate, International Health Programs Training Services – Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (Toronto)
- Programs Manager – UNICEF, Canada (Toronto)
- Program Coordinator – Canada Department of Global Affairs /Canadian International Development Agency (Kenya-Uganda)
- Development Aid Coordinator – Department for International Development/British High Commission (Uganda)
- Environment Management Researcher – National Environment Management Authority/World Bank (Uganda)
- Public Relations Manager – Karamoja Development Agency/European Economic Commission (Uganda)