If you want to achieve anything worthwhile, you have to teach yourself to be disciplined enough to stick with it long enough to see results. You have to complete the necessary steps to get there.
But like with all things in life, you may from time to time at different stages of the process feel despair, lose motivation, and even question whether it’s worth continued effort.
At times like this it’s important to:
1. Make sure you are not thinking with your emotions — Emotions cause you to do whatever will fix your hurt, anxious or fearful feelings instead of what is best for your relationship.
2. Re-examine your strategy — When you don’t have a clear strategy or have one that is fundamentally flawed, you’ll find yourself constantly worried that nothing is working. Even a minor set back will feel like the end of the world.
In the end, you will quit trying because not seeing results fast enough means that you are not going to get your ex back.
Make sure that the reason things are moving too slowly is because more time is needed before you see results, and not because you don’t know what you are doing.
3. Try not to measure your progress based on day to day happenings — Things can be great one moment and the next, it’s downhill very fast. If you let this be how you measure your progress, you’ll get discouraged very quickly.
Remind yourself why you are doing this and keep moving forward.
4. Remind yourself where you were at when you started – Sometimes progress is taking one step back so you can take two forward. Any small step forward is worth acknowledging and appreciating.
5- Try to enjoy the journey – You don’t have to pretend that things are exactly how you want them to be. Pretending you don’t feel what you feel and distractions are a sure way to court depression. On the other hand, don’t let getting back your ex become an obsession that takes over your entire life.
6. Give it all you’ve got — From the very first time I talk to a client, I can tell who is in it for the long haul, and who is just longing in their mind. And because I’ve been proven right almost 100% of the time, I’ve become convinced that the reason some people fail to get their ex back is because their ex senses the half-hearted attempt at reconciliation.
When you have one foot in and the other out of the door, it won’t be long before you’re walking out the door.
7. Get help if you need it — Ultimately nobody but you can get your ex back. You must put in the needed work to make yourself attractive to your ex and take the needed actions to make your dreams of getting back your ex come true. But sometimes you make much faster progress than you can achieve on your own, with a little outside help.
Whatever you do, don’t give up while you still have a chance. Years from now, you will be beating yourself up because you didn’t have the strength to hang in there a little longer.