Yes, it’s really possible to get your ex back. For anyone who still has doubts, I have compiled below a list of success stories left by readers of this site who reunited after a break-up and got back their ex.
I have longer email stories some posted on success stories, but I thought actual words from readers just like you might be a little more encouraging (to those feeling discouraged) since they are unsolicited.
In the comments of several articles, you’ll find more stories of people who got back together and those in various stages of getting back together. I just got lazy and couldn’t to go through all the 5,000 plus comments.
Hopefully this will encourage you to keep trying, to not give up, to give love a chance.
It DOES happen… and it can happen to you!
1. Anja’s success story – “I found your site seven months ago when I just broke up with my ex. It was the toughest time of my life but your words and advice gave me comfort and hope. I started all over again to slowly build our relationship. Step by step, day after day things got better and better. I finally created enough momentum to ask him if he wanted to get back together. He said yes. So we are back together. I know if it wasn’t for your advice things could have turned out differently. I am truly grateful. (How To Take It Slow And Get Your Ex Back)
2. Rez’s success story – “For those wondering if this works, it does. Worked for me twice actually. First time it took a month to get her back but I screwed up again and she broke up with me. I had learned from past mistakes and specifically asked to keep the lines of communication open. This time it took 3 months to get her back. The key is patience and persistence. Thanks Love Doctor. You know your stuff. (5 Reasons To Maintain Contact With Your Ex)
3. Kym’s success story – “Yangki, just wanted to let you know that my ex and I are back together. We have been back together for a month and things couldn’t be better. Your online course helped me realize what I needed to change and I can truly say I’m different now. I used to be so worried and anxious all the time. I’m more relaxed, don’t overreact and have learned to live in the moment. I am much more independent and not needy. Our communication is so much better and more open. Of course there is no such a thing as a perfect relationship but this time is close. So thank you! (10 TOP INDICATORS You’ll Get Back Your Ex)
4. Aisha’s success story – “We’re officially back together after 7 months apart. We’re still learning how to talk about everything that happened and what caused our problems. I can honestly say we’re so much happier and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Everyone else, don’t stop trying!” (10 TOP INDICATORS You’ll Get Back Your Ex)
5. Lee’s success story – “After reading countless posts on this blog i just had to say that I disciplined myself to put the words into action and have successfully rekindled with my ex. After a month of very light contact and another month of the two step forward-one step back dance, I built up enough emotional momentum for us to agree to start over, work on fixing anything that troubled us from our last relationship, and build a new one. Two years and nine months was worth fighting for, especially since we were friends for so long beforehand.” (How To Take It Slow And Get Your Ex Back)
6. Tyler’s success story – “My ex and I split in 2012. We ended up merging into a longer love relationship in 2013 and beyond. It was over three years. Although, I agree with the article that the longer time goes by the harder it is, and who knows why or how my ex and I suddenly became an item again. We started back out as friends a year and a half after we initially split. We were friendly over the next year and a half and it suddenly grew intimate again. So it does happen. Each case would have to be evaluated. We certainly weren’t looking to get back together and nor did it come up. It happened without words.” (Should You Be Concerned That Your Ex Is Pulling Away?)
7. Ricco’s success story – “Speaking from personal experience, my ex started to show interest in me again once the rebound wore off. I maintained contact with her while working to improve myself. She said she noticed the change and expressed genuine remorse. We started slow and after a month we got back together. I know this is not for everyone but don’t just give up because she started dating someone new. Just keep contact, play it very cool and don’t go talking about how much you love her.” (Facts About Rebound Relationships – Will It Last?)
8. Kayla’s success story – “Yangki, thank you for showing me I was doing all the wrong things to get back my ex. He and I decided to give us another chance. We’re both going into it cautiously but we realize we love each other too much to give up on us now. You were instrumental in getting me to where i am today and I came back to say thank, thank you. My advice to everyone trying to get their ex back, it is so easy to give up but trust your gut. It is never a loss when you fully apply yourself unreservedly with someone you love — regardless of how long it takes.”. (How Long Will It Take To Get My Ex Back?)
9. Eliz’s success story – ” Hi Yangki, I just had to tell you what a blessing your book and site are! My ex broke up with me because he didn’t feel the same love for me as I felt for him. I started no contact but I couldn’t completely disconnect myself from him. I contacted him and over the course of 5 weeks things progressed rapidly. We spent a lot of time talking about how to improve the relationship. he was very attentive, holding me tightly and giving me long hugs but I was the one that asked him if he wants to try the relationship again. We are back together but still taking it slow. Your advice was extremely helpful. Thank you.” (3 Reasons Staying Friends With Your Ex Is Good For Getting Back Together)
10. May’s success story – “Letting go is the best advice I read from your Just a Breakup book. I was afraid to let him go because I was afraid to lose him. It already had been 5 months and he was slipping further and further away. I begged, pleaded, and wrote him love letter. I even did no contact but on advice of his best friend abandoned the idea. My ex is full of pride and would completely cut me out of his life and I felt the future was completely out of my control. After desperately trying to hold on, I bought your book and started practicing letting go. When I sent a text I was not attached to him responding, and slowly but surely he started to text more. When it came to dates, I didn’t show anxiety or react when he cancelled. We eventually got back together and 2 months counting still together. Attracting back your ex really does happen, but you have to let go. Its hard actually because its scary, but let yourself go with the flow and have faith.” (How Letting Go Helps Get Back Your Ex)