In my article: Do Exes Really Ever Come Back? I said yes, exes do indeed come back, and briefly explained why and how.
A few of you left me comments still wondering if it’s really possible to get one’s ex back. For anyone who still has doubts, I have compiled below a list of success stories left by readers of this site who got back their ex. I have linked to actual readers comments so you can see that these stories are from people just like you.
I have longer email stories some posted on Success Stories, but I thought actual words from readers just like you might be a little more encouraging (to those feeling discouraged) since they are unsolicited.
In the comments of several articles, you’ll find more stories of people who got back together and those in various stages of getting back together. I just got lazy and couldn’t to go through all the 5,000 plus comments.
Hopefully this will encourage you to keep trying, to not give up, to give love a chance.
It DOES happen… and it can happen to you!
1. Anja’s success story – “I found your site seven months ago when I just broke up with my ex. It was the toughest time of my life but your words and advice gave me comfort and hope. I started all over again to slowly build our relationship. Step by step, day after day things got better and better. I finally created enough momentum to ask him if he wanted to get back together. He said yes. So we are back together. I know if it wasn’t for your advice things could have turned out differently. I am truly grateful. (How To Take It Slow And Get Your Ex Back)
2. Rez’s success story – “For those wondering if this works, it does. Worked for me twice actually. First time it took a month to get her back but I screwed up again and she broke up with me. I had learned from past mistakes and specifically asked to keep the lines of communication open. This time it took 3 months to get her back. The key is patience and persistence. Thanks Love Doctor. You know your stuff. (5 Reasons To Maintain Contact With Your Ex)
3. Kym’s success story – “Yangki, just wanted to let you know that my ex and I are back together. We have been back together for a month and things couldn’t be better. Your online course helped me realize what I needed to change and I can truly say I’m different now. I used to be so worried and anxious all the time. I’m more relaxed, don’t overreact and have learned to live in the moment. I am much more independent and not needy. Our communication is so much better and more open. Of course there is no such a thing as a perfect relationship but this time is close. So thank you! (10 TOP INDICATORS You’ll Get Back Your Ex)
4. Aisha’s success story – “We’re officially back together after 7 months apart. We’re still learning how to talk about everything that happened and what caused our problems. I can honestly say we’re so much happier and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Everyone else, don’t stop trying!” (10 TOP INDICATORS You’ll Get Back Your Ex)
5. Lee’s success story – “After reading countless posts on this blog i just had to say that I disciplined myself to put the words into action and have successfully rekindled with my ex. After a month of very light contact and another month of the two step forward-one step back dance, I built up enough emotional momentum for us to agree to start over, work on fixing anything that troubled us from our last relationship, and build a new one. Two years and nine months was worth fighting for, especially since we were friends for so long beforehand.” (How To Take It Slow And Get Your Ex Back)
6. Tyler’s success story – “My ex and I split in 2012. We ended up merging into a longer love relationship in 2013 and beyond. It was over three years. Although, I agree with the article that the longer time goes by the harder it is, and who knows why or how my ex and I suddenly became an item again. We started back out as friends a year and a half after we initially split. We were friendly over the next year and a half and it suddenly grew intimate again. So it does happen. Each case would have to be evaluated. We certainly weren’t looking to get back together and nor did it come up. It happened without words.” (Should You Be Concerned That Your Ex Is Pulling Away?)
7. Ricco’s success story – “Speaking from personal experience, my ex started to show interest in me again once the rebound wore off. I maintained contact with her while working to improve myself. She said she noticed the change and expressed genuine remorse. We started slow and after a month we got back together. I know this is not for everyone but don’t just give up because she started dating someone new. Just keep contact, play it very cool and don’t go talking about how much you love her.” (Facts About Rebound Relationships – Will It Last?)
8. Kayla’s success story – “Yangki, thank you for showing me I was doing all the wrong things to get back my ex. He and I decided to give us another chance. We’re both going into it cautiously but we realize we love each other too much to give up on us now. You were instrumental in getting me to where i am today and I came back to say thank, thank you. My advice to everyone trying to get their ex back, it is so easy to give up but trust your gut. It is never a loss when you fully apply yourself unreservedly with someone you love — regardless of how long it takes.”. (How Long Will It Take To Get My Ex Back?)
9. Eliz’s success story – ” Hi Yangki, I just had to tell you what a blessing your book and site are! My ex broke up with me because he didn’t feel the same love for me as I felt for him. I started no contact but I couldn’t completely disconnect myself from him. I contacted him and over the course of 5 weeks things progressed rapidly. We spent a lot of time talking about how to improve the relationship. he was very attentive, holding me tightly and giving me long hugs but I was the one that asked him if he wants to try the relationship again. We are back together but still taking it slow. Your advice was extremely helpful. Thank you.” (3 Reasons Staying Friends With Your Ex Is Good For Getting Back Together)
10. May’s success story – “Letting go is the best advice I read from your Just a Breakup book. I was afraid to let him go because I was afraid to lose him. It already had been 5 months and he was slipping further and further away. I begged, pleaded, and wrote him love letter. I even did no contact but on advice of his best friend abandoned the idea. My ex is full of pride and would completely cut me out of his life and I felt the future was completely out of my control. After desperately trying to hold on, I bought your book and started practicing letting go. When I sent a text I was not attached to him responding, and slowly but surely he started to text more. When it came to dates, I didn’t show anxiety or react when he cancelled. We eventually got back together and 2 months counting still together. Attracting back your ex really does happen, but you have to let go. Its hard actually because its scary, but let yourself go with the flow and have faith.” (How Letting Go Helps Get Back Your Ex)
11. Tivett’s success story – “Yangki, I want to first of all say thank you. Three months ago, I found your blog and bought your ebook at a time when I had lost all hope because I didn’t know where to start. I contacted my ex and slowly he started to respond to me even when he had said he didn’t see us working out. Start of September he finally admitted that he still had strong feelings for me and was willing to give us another chance. Technically we are back together and I have you to thank for it.” (5 Reasons To Maintain Contact With Your Ex)
12. Lucia’s success story – “Me and ex broke up last summer. We both right away got into new relationships. He after 2 months and me after 5. His rebound relationship ended within a month and mine after 2 months. I texted him first and we started dating again. Two weeks later we got back together and have never been happier. Sometimes a rebound is what you both need to realize that the other person is your one and only.” (Facts About Rebound Relationships – Will It Last?)
13. Antoine’s success story – “Yangki, a quick success story to share with your readers. My ex came back after 6 months of trying to get her back. I can’t say for sure that one thing worked because I tried so many things. What I can say for sure is that being honest and open with her about my feelings changed everything. Within just over a month of open emotional connection her attitude towards me changed which hardly seemed possible before. I focused on creative ideas on how to create positive feelings and things changed for the better. But best of all, I was relaxed which also made her feel relaxed. What I want to say to everyone is- don’t give up. Getting back your ex is a hard process but is more than doable.” (10 TOP INDICATORS You’ll Get Back Your Ex)
14. Pat’s success story – “My ex and I have strong feelings for each other but we decided to start by hanging out as “friends”. It was her suggestion and I went along with it. I had previously made the mistake of telling an ex that it is all or nothing and she moved on. Also I wasn’t there for my ex and I needed her to see that I had made positive changes in my life to better myself. To cut the long story short, we have decided to get back together. I know that this time things will be different and I am excited to start the new relationship.”(How Long Will It Take To Get My Ex Back?)
15. Cece’s success story – “I got my ex back after 8 long months of hard work. We were together for 5 years and have a child together. I think we were both not ready for the responsibilities of parenting and it tore us apart. He had basically given up on us and was dating someone new but I never gave up. With hard work and patience, I won him back. We’re proof that many problems facing a relationship can be fixed. Unless you’ve reached the point where one or both of you don’t want to fix them, you should keep trying. Don’t lose hope. Stay positive, anything can happen! (5 Signs Of A Strong Emotional Bond)
16. Matt’s success story – “I posted here a while ago. I got back together with my ex Nov. 2011 and things have been going pretty well. This was after 5 months of maintaining steady contact and showing her I changed. I hope the same can happen to all of you. Good luck.” (10 Signs Your Ex Is Becoming Interested Again)
17. Ed’s success story – “Yangki, I put in the effort and followed your eBook to the letter and i am happy to report shes back! You did a great job deciphering it and giving me a ton of practical things to do. I owe you.” (10 TOP INDICATORS You’ll Get Back Your Ex)
18. Ashkar’s success story – “Yangki, I just wanted to say I love your eBook (and I love you). For 6mos. I tried to get my ex back with tactics and dirty games and only ended up making things worse. I bought your eBook, and the steps were so simple, yet I had missed them all this time. Last mo. my ex and I got back together. I’m so grateful to you in ways that you’ll never know. For everyone looking to get their ex back, Yangki’s eBook will get you onto the right path and get your ex back. It changed my life and got me my ex back and will change yours as well.” (5 Reasons Your Ex Is Contacting You)
19. Kes’s success story – “No Contact was the dumbest and most destructive thing I ever did, and I did many dumb things to get her back. I strongly advise against using it if you have a deep investment in your relationship. It’s good for high school romance and relationships you don’t have much stake in, but creates the opposite effect with someone you have spent many years with. They end up having doubts about you, and questioning the relationship. I stopped all that no contact bullcrap and ended up getting back my ex by talking and solving our problems.” (3 STRONG Reasons NOT To Do “NO CONTACT”)
20. Ally’s success story – “Yangki, I can attest that this is by far the best relationship advice blog on the internet. When my ex and I broke up I wanted him back but he said because there was a lot of shouting and fighting in the relationship, we were bad for each other. I used your advice and did a lot of work on myself. When I did not respond with hostility as before then neither did he. Slowly he started to come around and yesterday we got back together. Just wanted to say thank you for your thoughtful and wise counsel.: (How to Respond to An Angry Ex)
Did you get back with your ex and have a success story to share? Please share it in the comments. Encourage others and be part of something greater than all of us, LOVE.