How do you know it’s time to let go of our ex? Well, these 12 sure signs will tell you exactly if it is time to let of your ex.
I am all for never giving up on love and on a relationship if there is still something you can do to make it work. In my opinion, people who find people they claim to love easily disposable aren’t usually the best partners themselves. But there is a point at which you have to be honest with yourself; the point at which you have to accept that whatever you do, however hard you try, the relationship isn’t going to get better. Letting go and moving on is much healthier than trying to make it work.
1. The relationship and/or the effort of trying to get back your ex has changed you into the person you don’t recognize – the person you don’t like.
2. You are constantly tiptoeing around your ex out of fear of pushing him/her away. You can’t even be yourself or show how you truly feel.
3. Your relationship was emotionally or physically abusive.
4. You still feel just as unimportant or insignificant as when you were together in the relationship.
5. It’s months since your broke up and you are still fighting, calling each other names and collecting allies.
6. Your ex says the break-up was all your fault and he/she doesn’t think you’ll ever change, and you believe him/her.
7. Trying to get back your ex has taken over your life, is affecting your job or business, and/or you have been told by more than one person that your preoccupation with your ex is unhealthy.
8. Your relationship and/or efforts to get back your ex has soared almost all your other relationships, and/or turned family and friends against your ex.
9. Your “fights” have gone public – twitter, Facebook, Blogging, etc. and you are shamelessly airing dirty laundry.
10. You are stalking your ex electronically or physically.
11. Your mental and physical health has gotten worse because of the break-up/trying to get back your ex.
12. The police, your pastor, parent or some other persons of authority has had to intervene.
A relationships is supposed to add to the already wonderful man or woman you are, but if being in a relationship is taking away more from you and making you less than who you are; if trying to hold on to the relationship leaves you feeling emotionally spent, if you feel drained by it or afraid to find out what would happen if you were to change it, then it’s best to walk away now, before it completely destroys you.