A mind or mental game is nothing more than good old manipulation to get you to do what someone wants you to do, but suspects or knows that you will not do willingly or unreservedly — and for good reason.
The whole purpose is to try to mess with your otherwise sane and reasonable head.
Here is the thing: If it feels like a mind game, it is.
- Your ex texts you and when you don’t respond, he/she texts again to say he/she “accidentally” texted you.
- Your ex calls then hangs up. And when you call back, they say it was a drunk call or their butt dialed your number.
- Your ex texts or calls asking you to do them a favour; something anyone else could have easily done.
- Your ex sends you a sweet nice text asking about how you are but when you don’t reply as quickly as you are expected, you get the silent treatment or get deleted/blocked.
- Your ex sends you texts saying how much they miss you but as soon as you respond in “I miss you too” way, they start ignoring you.
- Your ex sends very flirtatious texts but when you ask personal questions or ask if you can call them, they become abrupt, vague or rude.
- Your ex sends you some weird text or email with the intention of leaving you guessing… “I have some good news” or “”I’m watching this very funny video on You Tube” or something equally meaningless.
- You are texting back and forth for a while but then he/she suddenly stops contact. After a few days/weeks of “No Contact” you get a surprise “I love you” text with a smiley.
- Your ex flaunts his/her new man or woman in front of you, then acts surprised and/or offended when you do actually get jealous.
- All seems to be going well, no arguments, no fights but suddenly he /she pulls the “I don’t love you anymore” stunt just so you beg and plead.
The more you know about the mind games your ex is playing, the better you can protect yourself from getting burned and feeling frustrated and bitter. And if you still care for your ex, you can stop feeding his or her need for drama or attention, or from emotionally abusing you.
If you suspect your ex is playing mind games, you might want to read my article: What To Do When Your Ex Is Playing Mind Games
PS: If you know of other mind games people play, feel free to add them in the comments section. No essays please…one sentence or two is more powerful.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter